A Mining Company in the African continent [South Africa and Namibia].
Business Requirement :
Management was looking to enable automated reporting of Key Performance, Safety and Compliance indicators across their Group, consisting 1 Corporate and 3 SBU’s. They also wanted to Collect and Consolidate historically reported KPI’s to enable enhanced insights. The Final deliverable was to develop a Comprehensive System.
- To Collect data from Departments/Application data sources every month
- Get the signoff by Department and Business Heads confirm their review and acceptance of data including calculation by the System
- Report the KPI results through a Digital Interactive Dashboard for the Consumption of Relevant stakeholders.
- Train Department HOD’s and users for enabling them to update/approve for periodical reporting.
Identified Process Challenges :
- Obtaining historical data from various departments within each SBU’s / Corporate across the group.
- Reporting of KPI’s were different across months within the same SBU’s. Also, KPI’s between SBU’s were not consistent/standard.
- KPI’s reported across the entity did not have a defined logic to confirm, if all SBU’s have used the same input parameters for computation of KPI’s.
Approach and Solution Design :
- Understanding of the current MIS information and systems in place
- Preparation of an integrated MIS Dashboard in excel for future use by various SBU’s which shall be onboarded to the Power BI platform accordingly.
- Collation of historical information for the MIS dashboard across various departments of SBU’s.
- Build the dashboards based on iterations of discussions with users and adopting best practices across industries.
- Ensuring uniformity in reporting, computation and consistency of information reported.
- Capturing the source of information for reporting parameters for future references.
Business Benefit and Result :
- All KPI data including the Historical information is available in a single source
- Integrated reporting structure with the authorized users to access and consume their Input data and resultant KPI’s.
- Comprehensive Dashboard assets published to SharePoint to enable appropriate access restrictions.
- The Integrity of data available for Management is ensured through an automated sign off process